2021-03-27 Push Press
Evaluator: Tucker Jones
Movement: Push Press
Areas of Excellence
- Good progression (using Push Press Progression)
- Good movement through athletes
- Good time management
Areas for Improvement
- demo - feet wide + low back arched
- don’t say “you can drop the barbells”
- have athletes wrap all fingers around barbell (if possible)
- position where you can see more athletes
- around perimeter vs in the middle
- Stay and watch athletes after cue
- keep working to fix fault
- mix up variety of cues
Thoughts for improvement
Have you tried all the types of cue - verbal, visual, tactile?
Identify common faults for the movement and prepare different cues for that movement.
e.g. Athlete dips too low and doesn’t ‘get it’ when you say use a 2” dip.
-> cue through showing them what they are doing and how you’d correct it
-> “dip until your bar hits my hand”
- Eval: [[2020-03-27 Push Press]]