M2 Gut Biology Workshop
Taking this workshop with Mariah Lower. These are the public notes for this workshop.
The human body has MORE bacterial cells living inside of it than actual human cells.
Did you know that these bacteria contribute to everyday processes like digestion, immune development, neurological health and micronutrient absorption?
Perhaps more importantly, did you know that the microbiome has been implicated in driving major diseases such as obesity, diabetes, depression, autoimmunity and cancer?
Each day, we learn more and more about how our gut health connects to our overall health. The M2 Gut Biology Certification was designed to help you learn about this critical subject, and apply it to your own life, and the lives of your clients should you be a nutrition coach.
In this course, we are going to teach you everything from the basic biology of how the gut works, all the way to evidence-based approaches to improving gut health through nutrition, lifestyle and supplementation.
If you want to take your understanding of human health to the next level, this is the course for you.
- Week 1 - Intro to the Gastrointestinal System
- Week 2 - Introduction to the Microbiome
- Week 3 - The microbiome / Immune Connection
- Week 4 - The Microbiome / Energy Balance and Obesity
- Week 5 - The Microbiome and Mental Health
- Week 6 - Modulating Gut Health and the Microbiome
- Week 7 - Gut Inflammation & Dysbiosis / SIBO & IBD